Diamond Certificate FAQ
Here are some frequently asked questions and answers about diamond certificates.
General Diamond Certification Questions
Q: What is diamond certification?
A: Diamond certification is the gemological analysis of your diamonds characteristics and components. Analysis is done in an independent laboratory by certified gemologists. Once the analysis is complete, you will receive a report summarizing the findings and a detailed sketch of the diamond.
Q: What is the benefit of getting a diamond certificate?
A: The diamond certificate assures buyers of the quality and authenticity of their stone. If you later decide to sell your stone having the certificate will provide the stamp of authenticity you'll need to get a fair price. Having the certificate may even add value to your diamond:
• The buyer doesn’t need to pay for an appraisal
• May help you sell it faster Changes in the market have increased the demand for reliable diamond appraisal reports from highly credible organizations.
Q: Why is diamond certification important?
A: Today there are artificial diamonds and treatments used to enhance the color and purity of diamonds. Treatment became so sophisticated that even your diamond dealer / retailer will not be able to detect them without advanced laboratory equipment, thus, diamond certificates safeguard your purchase.
Q: What is outlined in the diamond certificate?
A: Your certificate will include the following information:
• Carat weight
• The diamond's shape
• Table and depth percentages
• Cut grade
• Prediction of light performance (if applicable)
Q: What are the 4Cs?
A: 4C refers to:
4. Carat weight
Questions about EGL Asia
Q: What type of certificates do you offer?
A: We offer a variety of diamond certification reports:
• Full Diamond Certificate – EGL’s most comprehensive certification report.
• Mini Diamond Grading Certificate – A compact version of the full certificate.
• Consultation Diamond Certificates – The most basic diamond certification report available.
• EGL Certicard TM – Diamond Certifications in the form of a plastic identity card.
Q: What other services do you offer?
A: In addition to diamond certification reports, we offer the following services:
• Jewelry Certification for Diamonds – Certification for diamonds already set in jewellery.
• Diamond Laser Engraving – Advanced method to add a personal message or add security to your diamond.
Q: Why Choose EGL Asia?
A: When obtaining a diamond certificate it is better to use a company that is well known in the industry such as EGL Asia. We offer:
• Express 2 hour service available
• Save 40% in comparison to competitors’ prices
• More grading information than competitor certificates
• Web based online confirmation services
• Award winning gemologist with international certification
• State-of-the-art diamond grading, certifying and laser etching laboratory
Learn the diamond grading terms with our sample certificate.
Contact us for more information about getting diamond certificates in Asia.